Assembly > Kauffman Stadium | Kansas City, MO
Kauffman Stadium has been the home of the Kansas City Royals since April 10, 1973. The “K” as it is commonly referred to, is one of baseball’s most attractive facilities. Beyond the outfield fences is an amazing 322ft wide water fountain. It is the largest privately funded fountain in the world.
In 2008, Kauffman Stadium broke ground on a $250 million renovation project. Walton Construction Company and Hunt Construction spearheaded this project to make sure it was completed in time for opening day 2009. These renovations remarkably changed the “K”:
• New, enlarged score board
• Expanded the average concourse width by 13 feet
• Added the Diamond Club Restaurant
• Added the Outfield “Rivals” Restaurant
• Remodel of some existing suites and added five new suites
• Outfield Experience which hosts Sluggeerrr’s Pitching Mound, Batting Challenge, Base Run, and Golf Stop
• New Carousel
• MLB2k9 Game Lounge
A word from the client:
Here at Jayhawk Fire Sprinkler we take pride in our work and we want others to be able to see our work. We take pleasure in working on projects where the general public will be allowed to utilize and enjoy the end product. We have installed fire sprinkler systems for collegiate and professional sporting arenas, event centers, churches, and city halls.
Other Assembly Projects Include...
- University of Oklahoma Memorial Football Stadium - Norman, Oklahoma
- Branson Convention Center - Branson, Missouri
- John Q. Hammons Arena - Springfield, Missouri
- Kauffman Stadium - Kansas City, MO